Who are we?
Born out of a 10-year research project with Lancaster University’s linguistic and cyber security departments, Relative Insight originally designed its technology to support the UK government identify paedophiles masquerading as children online - heavy but important work!
Our technology is based on comparison - so if you take a group of 13-year olds talking online, you'll see that the language they use is very similar. If you compare that to how a 40-year-old adult man talks, you'll notice very specific but subtle differences.
So today, we apply the same methods of language comparison to uncover crucial and unexpected differences in the way people talk. This then helps organisations inform new strategies to interact and communicate more effectively with their audiences.
What does the role involve?
Role and Responsibilities
- Automate and maintain our CI/CD pipeline
- Oversee application and infrastructure planning, testing and development
- Monitoring and measuring resource usage to pre-empt any potential problems
- Mentoring and guiding other team members to evangelise the DevOps processes
- Work with developers and senior managers to ensure the software development processes are working as intended
- Ensure that systems are secure and robust against external threats
- Help improve the development and software release processes
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Experience of modern Cloud Platforms (particularly AWS)
- Use of containerisation and orchestration
- Excellent knowledge of DevOps processes and Best Practices
- Configuration and managing databases such as MySQL and Mongo
- Previous use of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite
- Problem solving attitude
- A desire for continuous improvement
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Python and Node.js
- Experience developing multi-tenant SaaS applications
- Knowledge on Selenium (or equivalent) to guide testing strategies
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - We care about the wellbeing of our team so no matter what life throws your way, our EAP can help you through it. Providing you with free and confidential expert guidance and counselling, and more.
- Relative Insight Academy - We love learning! Our Academy provides an opportunity for us to stretch our knowledge and learn new skills. This starts with a structured Induction Programme, where you learn everything you need to know to get up to speed in your role as quickly as possible.
- Tech Scheme - If you are in need of personal tech, we will loan you the money (up to a certain value) to purchase what you need and agree on a payment plan for you to pay back the owed amount.
- Cycle to Work Scheme - This is a government tax exemption initiative to promote healthier journeys to work and to reduce environmental pollution. It allows you to loan money from the company to purchase cycles and cyclists' safety equipment. We will then agree on a payment plan to pay back the owed amount, less TAX.
- Special Leave - This is an additional 5 days of holiday per year. The aim of special leave is to provide balance for employees across work responsibility and personal commitments. Examples: Birthdays, House Moves, Domestic Reasons, Parental Leave.
Relative Insight believes in, and commits to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Anyone who applies for a job with us will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to provide team environments that let everyone maximise their potential in the company. We take all of this seriously.