Relative Insight is a SaaS based text analysis tool which analyses our customer’s text data like surveys, reviews, customer experience and social, to reveal critical business insights. We believe that text data represents one of the biggest and most valuable – but often, most under-used sources of business value. It tells us why things happen, how people feel, and how best to engage with them.
The software leverages a comparative methodology developed in law-enforcement to give transformative insights, meaning our customers can make smarter and more informed decisions across their business.
Due to the rapid expansion of the business, we have an opportunity for a IT Manager to join one of the region’s most innovative and in-demand start-ups, working with world-leading customers such as Sky, Warner, Starbucks, Unilever and Nespresso.
Working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, we work as a team, embracing challenges together, supporting our professional development and encouraging internal promotions. As you develop, there will be opportunities to expand the remit of the role-based upon your skills and appetite.
Relative Insight is looking to appoint an experienced IT Manager to coordinate the strategy, deployment and operation of the IT systems used across our organisation (UK and US). This is a new role that will play a key part in ensuring we have the right infrastructure in place to support our rapid growth. You will be the sole member of IT (but sitting within the larger operations team), with a hands-on approach, responsible for supporting all areas of the business (systems, security, applications, and data).
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Supervising the daily operations of all systems that are used to facilitate activities across the company. For example, administration of Gsuite, Office 365, Dropbox, etc.
- To provide hands-on technical support role as and when required. Responsibilities may vary from onboarding new staff (hardware/software/licensing/configuration), on-premises networking, hardware setup etc. to managing 3rd party relationship and negotiating new contracts.
- Aligning IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals
- Managing stakeholders and developing a partnership between IT and the company, by managing expectations and facilitating two-way communication.
- Managing IT budgets, forecast and enforcing cost-effectiveness
- Maintaining all hardware assets and software licensing.
- Evaluating risk, developing recovery and backup processes where relevant
- Assessing and purchasing new and replacement hardware
- Assuring that IT activities comply with company policies
- Testing, troubleshooting and adjusting IT systems to operate effectively
- Implementing and enforcing the companies security policies across the companies IT infrastructure
Essential skills and experience required for this role
- Possess general IT management skills including operational and financial management.
- Experience working with key stakeholders to understand business drivers and relate them to IT capability.
- Experience providing support to end users and resolving technical issues in a timely manner.
- Experience of managing third party providers to ensure they are strategic and value adding partners.
- Strong knowledge working with key IT systems including:
- Office 365 and Teams
- Windows and MacOS
- Mobile Device Management systems (Hexnode ideally)
- Identity and Access Management systems (Okta ideally)
- Office network configuration
- VOIP systems
- Experience of building a holistic IT ecosystem with multiple systems integrated together (for example, Okta with Hexnode and Dropbox)
- Experience of working in a digital-led, international and rapidly growing company – with the challenges these bring.
- Experience and a strong understanding of security risks and solutions within an IT infrastructure.
- Project Management – including rolling out new systems or initiatives across multiple offices and teams of varied technical ability.
- Strong organisational and coordination abilities with close attention to detail.
- Autonomy and self-discipline to prioritise workload and react to time-critical events and incidents.
- An excellent communicator, capable of engaging with others across all levels of the business.
- Working knowledge of current IT trends.
- An understanding of other function specific systems such as those used within HR, finance and commercial teams – and how these can integrate together
Strong experience of working in a similar function.
BSc or BA degree in information technology or computer science or equivalent industrial experience
Additional certification (CompTIA, CISSP, etc.) and/or similar level of knowledge is desired but not essential.
What your first 12 months would look like:
- Centralisation of IT systems. You will perform an audit of our existing systems and complete the process of bringing them under centralised management.
- Hexnode deployment. You will oversee our MDM system and continue to incrementally rollout its capabilities across the company – ensuring all our devices are properly managed, secured and supported.
- Rolling out of Identify and Access Management System (e.g. Okta). You will roll out an IAM across the company and integrate with existing key systems such as Hexnode, Gsuite, Dropbox, HubSpot.
- Onboarding and Offboarding. You will support the onboarding/offboarding of employees, including ensuring all employees have the necessary equipment, provisioning and deprovisioning access to systems.
- Technical Support and Training. You will provide day to day support for any IT issues experienced across the organisation
- Security and IT Code of Conduct. You will work closely with the Security team to ensure all relevant policies are being implemented and enforced.
- Supplier Relationships. You will maintain supplier relationships to ensure we have hardware, software and support relationships in place that provide the company with value for money.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - We care about the wellbeing of our team so no matter what life throws your way, our EAP can help you through it. Providing you with free and confidential expert guidance and counselling, and more.
- Relative Insight Academy - We love learning! Our Academy provides an opportunity for us to stretch our knowledge and learn new skills. This starts with a structured Induction Programme, where you learn everything you need to know to get up to speed in your role as quickly as possible.
- Off-Site Days & Socials - Summer Party, Christmas Party, End of Month Parties - if there is an excuse, we'll have a get-together to celebrate successes and get to know each other better.
- Tech Scheme - If you are in need of personal tech, we will loan you the money (up to a certain value) to purchase what you need and agree on a payment plan for you to pay back the owed amount.
- Holidays - We want everyone to take time off and recharge regularly so encourage you to use up your full allowance of holiday each year.
- UK: 24 holidays a year (excluding Bank/Public Holidays) Plus 5 days special leave.
- Cycle to Work Scheme (UK) - This is a government tax exemption initiative to promote healthier journeys to work and to reduce environmental pollution. It allows you to loan money from the company to purchase cycles and cyclists' safety equipment. We will then agree on a payment plan to pay back the owed amount, less TAX.
Relative Insight believes in, and commits to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Anyone who applies for a job with us will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to provide team environments that let everyone maximise their potential in the company. We take all of this seriously.