Relative Insight is a SaaS based text analysis tool which analyses our customer’s text data like surveys, reviews, customer experience and social, to reveal critical business insights. We believe that text data represents one of the biggest and most valuable – but often, most under-used sources of business value. It tells us why things happen, how people feel, and how best to engage with them.
The software leverages a comparative methodology developed in law-enforcement to give transformative insights, meaning our customers can make smarter and more informed decisions across their business.
Due to the rapid expansion of the business, we have an opportunity for an Account Director to join one of the region’s most innovative and in-demand start-ups, working with world-leading customers such as Warner, Starbucks, Unilever and Nespresso.
Working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, we work as a team, embracing challenges together, supporting our professional development and encouraging internal promotions. As you develop, there will be opportunities to expand the remit of the role-based upon your skills and appetite.
This role primarily rotates around the onboarding and retention of a set group of customers that you will be personally responsible as well as helping us build on top of what is an incredibly exciting growth story for Relative. More strategically you will be responsible for the entire nose to tail customer experience, for driving value for the customer and making sure their experience across all touch points is top class. Most importantly, you will have commercial responsibility for hitting revenue targets from your customer base from software renewals, upsells and cross-sell.
- Onboarding - this part of the role is the heavy lifting up front with a new customer, this involves understanding the reasons they have bought the tool by working closely with our acquisition team then agreeing a framework for success with the client – what do they need to achieve, why, what does good look like etc. You will also be the warm welcome they receive when they officially join the Relative community.
- Retention – we deliver a high touch, high quality account management service at Relative with a view to helping our customers get value from their investment, to help us build a reputation in the industry for excellent support, and to ensure that our customers renew & grow their subscriptions year on year. The team are all targeted on hitting a 115% net renewal rate of their renewals available in every bi-monthly period (every two months).
What we'd love to see:
- A deep and genuine interest in Account Management and your customers’ businesses; you feel a deep sense of satisfaction when you see your customers doing well, and you avoid unwanted churn
- The ability to listen carefully, ask meaningful questions, and communicate with clarity both verbally and in writing
- A positive, problem-solving attitude
- Successfully managed multiple high-value, high-touch accounts for a technical software product
- Experience building strong, trusting relationships, both within your team and with senior stakeholders in the businesses you work with
- A commercial approach: you identify & qualify opportunities for expansion, and you're mindful of net revenue retention
- Experience developing best practices and playbooks: from strategic account plans to QBR processes to accelerating onboarding
- Strong collaboration skills – this role will involve working closely with our Customer Success, Data Ops and Audience Marketing teams, and therefore a strong collaborative approach is required
- Leadership qualities
What to expect with us:
- You'll be part of a small but rapidly growing team so your input is really valued and important to our growth.
- Your voice is always heard at every level. Ideas have been taken and implemented from a commercial associate level which have been integral to the success of our commercial function.
- We’re still at a stage where your work will get recognised by the C-Suite team.
- A huge benefit of this role is that you are selling to people who do really cool things with technology. From CMO’s of pet brands through to innovation leaders within the healthcare industry - the possibilities are endless!
- You will get training and coaching on best practice on how to use our commercial tech stack.
- Your onboarding and continual development has been designed and run by our VP of Sales Enablement who has 8 years experience in building and scaling SaaS sales teams.
- We promote from within. Believe that. From your first day we will be talking about your career here and work with you to make sure you are achieving your goals and know where you're going with us.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - We care about the wellbeing of our team so no matter what life throws your way, our EAP can help you through it. Providing you with free and confidential expert guidance and counselling, and more.
- Relative Insight Academy - We love learning! Our Academy provides an opportunity for us to stretch our knowledge and learn new skills. This starts with a structured Induction Programme, where you learn everything you need to know to get up to speed in your role as quickly as possible.
- Off-Site Days & Socials - Summer Party, Christmas Party, End of Month Parties - if there is an excuse, we'll have a get-together to celebrate successes and get to know each other better.
- Tech Scheme - If you are in need of personal tech, we will loan you the money (up to a certain value) to purchase what you need and agree on a payment plan for you to pay back the owed amount.
- Holidays - We want everyone to take time off and recharge regularly so encourage you to use up your full allowance of holiday each year.
- UK: 24 holidays a year (excluding Bank/Public Holidays) Plus 5 days special leave.
- Cycle to Work Scheme (UK) - This is a government tax exemption initiative to promote healthier journeys to work and to reduce environmental pollution. It allows you to loan money from the company to purchase cycles and cyclists' safety equipment. We will then agree on a payment plan to pay back the owed amount, less TAX.
Relative Insight believes in, and commits to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Anyone who applies for a job with us will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to provide team environments that let everyone maximise their potential in the company. We take all of this seriously.